Presentation Powerpoint - Friday 4th February
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
Happy New Year to all.
The following information, for the ski trip commencing 19 February 2022, is required by our Travel Agent Topflight, and must by updated on their website by you before Monday 10 January 2022.
Here is the link to log in to Topflight for Schools. If you search your email for Topflight you will find your log in ID
Topflight for Schools - Portal
It is absolutely necessary for every student and teacher travelling to have a European Health Insurance Card. https://www2.hse.ie/services/ehic/ehic.html
Please find below vital updated regulations that we just received from our travel agent, that are now in place in Italy.
Should you have any queries, we will inform you of a date for an online meeting in due course.
If you have not been skiing before and need to purchase ski clothing, it would be advisable to keep an eye of the local supermarkets for special offers etc. The following items are a necessity for skiing: Ski Jacket, Ski Pants/Salopettes, Ski Gloves, Goggles, Ski Socks & Warm Base Layers. It is not necessary to have snow boots, old runners or boots will suffice.
Dolores & Declan
As you will see in order to access hotels and ski lifts all persons travelling must be fully vaccinated.
The entry requirements to Italy from Ireland for Fully Vaccinated persons are as below
The entry requirements back to Ireland are in the process of being updated by the Department of Foreign Affairs so we will send on the details of this as soon as we get final confirmation.
From 25 December 2021 to 31 March 2022 it is mandatory to wear FFP2 type masks:
● on all means of transport including planes, buses, trains, closed cable cars/lifts/gondolas
● on the occasion of shows open to the public that take place outdoors and indoors in theatres, concert halls, cinemas, entertainment venues and live music (and other similar venues) and for sporting events and competitions both indoors and outdoors; in all these cases it is forbidden to consume food and drinks indoors.
In other cases, surgical masks can be worn.
From 10 January to 31 March 2022, Super Green Pass is required to access:
● Hotels and other accommodation facilities, including internal catering services reserved for customers;
● Public transport (airplanes, trains, ships and ferries used for interregional transport services, buses, cable cars, cable cars, chairlifts)
● Conventions, festivals, fairs, trade shows;
● Parties from civil and religious ceremonies;
● Museums and exhibitions or other places of culture ;
● Spas (except essential services for rehabilitation and therapeutic purposes), cultural, social and recreational centers, theme and amusement parks;
Super Green Pass is a reinforced pass which is obtained following 2 vaccinations, recovery or a single dose of vaccine following recovery. Children under the age of 12 and those exempt from the vaccination campaign on the basis of suitable medical certification are exempt.
From 10th Jan until March 31 2022 , the consumption of food and drinks at the counter or at the table, indoors and outdoors, in catering services, is only allowed to those who have a Super Green Pass.
Please remember that from 15th December the validity of the Green Pass (Certification of Vaccination) has changed from 12 to 9 months from the date of the last dose received. Check when you have taken the last dose, if almost 9 months have passed, a booster is required to extend the validity to 9 months.
(From 1st Feb the duration of the Green Pass is reduced from 9 to 6 months).
Latest update: 05th Jan 2022